Tuesday, February 2, 2016

La Vie En Rose meets Winning Combination

I was honored to be asked to teach a card making class at my ward's enrichment activity this week.  I knew exactly what I wanted to teach!  I love showing people how to make 4 different cards by using just one pattern.

I took the Winning Combination pattern from the Originals Card Confidence Program and the La Vie En Rose paper packet and went crazy creating.

These papers are beautiful and paired with the  Over the Moon stamp set make a perfect Valentines Card.

This is the card we made.  I used Pomegranate Cardstock under the sentiment.  I added Gold and Black Ribbon and Gold Sequins as accents.


By rotating the pattern you can get several more variations of cards.  Sorry about the glare, I had already attached these to my display board before I remembered to take pictures.

This one is the same, but I changed up the papers and colors and tied a knot instead of a bow.

This one is the same too, but added more interest with shimmer trim and circles.  This card was inspired by Karen Naylor.

With this one I moved the pieces to the right of the card and dove tailed the ends.  I added shimmer trim under the sentiment.

With this one I moved the pieces to the top of the card and added some flowers cut from the Artistry Cricut Cartridge.  The centers of the flowers are one of my favorite accents to have on hand and come from the Gold Fundamental Assortment


This was my most favorite creation.  I moved the papers to the bottom of the card.  Layering the polka dot with Poppy Paper and the flower cut from the same color just adds so much to this card!  I love bling and you can never have enough.  I used Clear Sparkles for the center of the flower.  The flower was cut from the Artistry Cricut Cartridge.  


I hope everyone enjoyed this class, I enjoyed teaching it!  I can't wait to see what you all create!


No comments:

Post a Comment