Thursday, June 4, 2015

Scrapbooking, Card Making, Paper Crafting Storage Ideas


One of the most asked questions is how do I store all of my crafting supplies.  As a Close To My Heart consultant and avid paper crafter I do have quite a lot!

Close To My Heart has these awesome organizers that I am currently using.  I have been crafting since high school and I have to say these are my favorite so far.  I am not just saying it because I'm a consultant, they really are that great.

They were designed with us in mind and are very sturdy and durable.  My toddler has used them as a step stool numerous times (much to my dismay).  I have toted them to workshops, crops, other crafty events.  No handles or latches broken, or sides cracked.  They are designed to stack on each other which makes them not only look nice, but store so much easier.  AND if you are on the go a lot, or want to tuck your supplies away CTMH has a rolling tote that fits the organizers!

Let me show you what I use mine for:

Small Organizer (Z4138) - Not pictured

The small organizer is where I store all my extra supplies such as glue, sponges, cutting blades, etc.  Depending on your stash you could store ink pads, blocks, washi tape, etc.  It measures 14 1/2 x 
10 1/2 x 2.  So it's a pretty good size for all those extras.  CTMH also has foam inserts for little craft boxes that hold all those small accents, and one for sponge daubers.  Both of those fit in this size organizer.

I have also used the small organizer as my project box.  As I am working on a project and I have to put it away to make dinner, or pick up kids, I will tuck all the ink pads, stamp sets, paper cuts, and accents in a box and close it until I am ready to start again.  This has really helped keep my kids from walking away with pieces and my scissors!

Medium Organizer (Z4139) - pictured below

The medium organizer is by far the most popular with my craft night ladies.  This box is 14 1/2 x 
10 1/2 x 5.  This one has 8 different compartments you can use as is, or remove the plastic divider (slides out easily) to make it a bigger space.  In one of my medium organizers I keep all of my ribbons, twine, and tulle.  They sit up nicely so I can see what I have just by opening the box.  It also helps keep them from unraveling so it's not such a big mess! 


In my second medium organizer I keep more ribbon that I didn't get in the first one, punches, washi tape, and shimmer trim.  This one is a little heavy, but I have never had a problem with the handle!  It's amazing how much you can get into one of these things.


Before I got the stamp pad orgainzer (CTMH no longer carries :-( ).  I used to keep my ink pads in the medium organizer.  They stack on top of each other perfectly in the little compartments.  I would also keep sponges and daubers in the same one, for easy access.  The boxes are clear so you can see what ink pad colors you have without having to sift through the box.  

Large Organizer (Z1834) - pictured below

The large organizer is perfect for stamp sets!  I have two of these (yes I may have a problem).  The dividers do come out if you want to store larger items.  CTMH also sells plastic tabs if you want to label them to organize them even further.  You know those mini sets CTMH sells and we all love, but don't know what to do with?  I have a compartment dedicated to just them.  

You can also use these for card organization.  Do you have a ton of cards from swaps, or that you have made and are waiting to give to people?  The Large Organzier is a perfect size to fit the cards and their envelopes!  Again, use the plastic tabs to divide them by theme making  it easier to find the perfect card!



As I mentioned before they stack perfectly on top of each other.  I keep mine under my desk and pull them out as I need them.  They would also look nice on a shelf, or you can easily tuck them away in a closet.



Rolling Tote (Z3032)
If you need a nifty place to keep all your totes or you are on the go with your supplies CTMH has an amazing Rolling Tote.  It is so popular, it is on back order right now.  I will update when it comes available.  See how the totes fit right in there?  AMAZING!  and it's super cute too!


Do you have these organizers?  Leaving a comment and share how you use yours!  

Are you ready to get organized?  You can order yourself some of these awesome organizers on my website www.ctmh.com/juliescott.

Need ideas on how to organize your embellishments?  Check out THIS blog post for some ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment