Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Sour Cream Sugar Cookies

Just in time for Valentines Day. I've had this recipe for awhile and wanted to try it. I don't know why, but I crave sugar cookie dough and cookies. Then I make them, eat too much and am sick. These turned out great! I didn't have butter flavored shortening, so I used regular but I suspect they'd be even better with the butter flavored. I got this recipe from another Close To My Heart consultant's website. Her name is Karen Pedersen and these are her cookies.


Karen's Sour Cream Sugar Cookies
makes about 4 doz. depending on size of cookie cutter

Cream together:
2 C. sugar
1 C. butter flavored shortening
2 C. sour cream

Add and beat:
1 eggs
1 tea. vanilla

Stir in:
4 1/2 C. flour
1 tea. soda
1 1/2 tea. salt

Roll out on a nicely floured counter. Knead in as much more flour as it feels it needs before you roll it out. Roll to about 1/4" thick and use cookie cutters of your choice. Bake at 375 degrees for about 10 minutes, or until done.

Butter Cream Frosting (also Karen's)

1 stick butter, softened
4 C. powdered sugar
1 tea. vanilla
dash of salt
1/4 C. milk (or a bit more if needed)

Put all ingredients in mixing bowl and beat until smooth. You can add a few tablespoons of cocoa to make chocolate frosting, a drop of mint extract for mint frosting, or even just food coloring for color.

1 comment:

  1. I just tried the same recipe and miune tasted like playdoh LOL! I so am not meant to cook.

    ReplyDelete