Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Soft Sugar Cookies

I really enjoy a good sugar cookie. To me they have to be soft. An old co-worker used to bring in these fabulous sugar cookies for us to enjoy. I asked her for the recipe and she gave me two different ones. I like them both, so I'll share them both.

Sugar Cookies

1 Cup Sugar
1 cup margarine
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs
3 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon soda
1/2 cup milk
Mix sugar, margarine, vanilla & eggs in bowl. In separate bowl, mix flour, baking powder, & baking soda. Then alternate milk & flour mixture w/cream mixture. Bake @ 375 for 9 minutes.


Soft Sugar Cookies

3/4 cup shortening or butter (I use butter)
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt

Cream together butter & sugar. Add eggs & vanilla to creamed mixture. Add dry ingredients. Bake at 400 degrees for 9 minutes.


I don't usually roll them out and cut shapes because I'm too lazy. I roll into small balls and place on cookie sheets. They make cute little cookies. I buy frosting at the store and let Jonathan decorate with M&M's. This time I was making them for adults, so I thought I'd try to dip them in chocolate. I simply melted chocolate chips in microwave and dipped half the cookie and let dry on wax paper. It worked and was very yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment