Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Broccoli Out Of This World Salad

And that it is! I LOVE this salad! I got this recipe from my Sister-in-law, June. She sent me a recipe binder when Josh and I got married. This recipe was in there and I've loved it from first bite. It's a crowd pleaser too. I usually make it, eat a little bowl, then take it to the event just in case I don't get any before it's gobbled up. This recipe makes a medium sized bowl, so for a larger group I would for sure double it.

Broccoli Out Of This World Salad
1 Head of Broccoli, chopped ( I usually do extra)
10 Bacon cooked and crumbled
2 green onions
4 mushrooms, sliced (I don't add these)
1 cup water chestnuts, sliced
1/2 cup raisins (or craisins work too)
1/2 cup walnuts or Almonds
1/2 cup red onion


Dressing:
1 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup sugar
2 Tblsp Rice Vinegar

Combine broccoli, bacon, onions, chestnuts and raisins in a bowl. Add mayonnaise, vinegar and sugar in a separate bowl and mix. Pour dressing over the broccoli mixture. Let sit in refrigerator for 3 to 4 hours before serving OR put dressing on just before you serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment