Friday, August 20, 2010

Monkey Bars

I got this recipe from utahdealdiva.com. I believe she got it from this months Women's Day magazine. It was easy and very yummy. Two thumbs up from the kiddos and a neighbor who I had to borrow the chocolate chips from. I can't wait to try it with pumpkin for fall!

Monkey Bars

1 2/3 cups mashed, ripe bananas {about 5 bananas}
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup oil { I used applesauce instead!}
1/4 cup milk
2 large eggs
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1 3/4 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips {You can use more}
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 15x10.5' pan with foil and spray with non-stick spray

Whisk all ingredients except for the flour and chocolate chips. Gradually add in flour until just blended. Mix in half the chocolate chips.

Spread the batter into the prepared pan and sprinkle remaining chips on top. Bake 15-20 minutes, until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.

I cut them into 3x3 squares gives you about 18 servings.
I plugged all the ingredients into sparkpeople.com and got these stats. Not to bad for a big bar of yum!

Calories 125.3
Total Fat 2.3 g
Saturated Fat 1.1 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.1 g
Monounsaturated Fat 0.7 g
Cholesterol 23.7 mg
Sodium 46.8 mg
Potassium 182.1 mg
Total Carbohydrate 28.6 g
Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
Sugars 17.5 g
Protein 2.7 g

No comments:

Post a Comment