Monday, August 23, 2010

Back To School Snack Mix

It's back to school for us and I know my little guy will be hungry when he gets home. At our house we don't want to let go of summer yet, so a Smore's Snack Mix is a good compromise.

I found a Smore's Snack Mix recipe on sparkpeople.com and they said they originally got it from hungrygirl.com. I put my own little twist on it, so I have now renamed it to Back To School Snack Mix.

Back To School Snack Mix
2 cups Smart Pop Popcorn
3/4 cup Golden Grahams Cereal
3/4 Cup Cocoa Puffs Cereal
2/3 Cup mini marshmallows
6 Tootsie Roll Midgees

Directions
Chop Tootsie Roll Midgees into very small pieces.

In a sealable plastic bag or an airtight container with a lid, combine Tootsie Roll pieces with all of the other ingredients. Secure bag or container and shake thoroughly.


Makes 5 one cup servings. 100 calories per serving!
I mixed mine up in a gallon sized baggie and then put in small containers to keep until snack time. You can make a large batch and put in baggies to add to lunches or a snack on the go. My favorite is when I get a tootsie bite!

No comments:

Post a Comment