Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Cake Mix Cookies Recipe


I tried two different types of cake mixes. I used a spice cake mix and dropped them with a 2 tablespoon scoop. They were very soft and dense (above picture). The Chocolate cake mix I used I dropped them with a tablespoon scoop, like the recipe says. They turned out flat and a bit crisper. Not sure what the difference was, but I preferred the spice cake mix cookies over the chocolate. On the website I found this recipe they had tried Funfetti cake mixe and yellow cake mix and they raved how good they were. With the 2 tablespoon scoop I got about 20 cookies, with the 1 tablespoon scoop I got 24.

Cake Mix Cookies
Ingredients:
18 oz. pkg. cake mix (any flavor)
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 egg
Preparation: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients at low speed until dry ingredients are moistened and dough is thoroughly mixed (I used my hands to knead it together, seemed to work better). Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake at 350 for 9-12 minutes. Cool two minutes on cookie sheets, then remove to wire racks to cool.
If using chocolate cake mix, add 2 Tbsp. water along with egg. You can stir in chocolate chips, coated candy pieces, chopped nuts, or oatmeal. Frost the cookies, using canned frosting, or make sandwich cookies by spreading frosting between two cookies. These Cake Mix Cookies should be stored tightly covered at room temperature so they stay soft.

1 comment:

  1. I have a simular receipe for cake cookies, which is used to make home made oreos. cake mix, 2 eggs, 2/3 cups shortening. mix, form into small balls cook 8 mins. match up two cookies of simular size frost back side with white frosting and then sandwich with 2nd cookie. sometimes I will roll the balls in colored sugar before cooking, it is one of my favorite cookies to make. dawnelle

    ReplyDelete