Saturday, January 16, 2010

Terrific Teriyaki Burgers

My mom gave all us kids a cook book for Christmas . I love recipe books! I like to try out new recipes. This one is called Good Food from our Neighborhood. It was compiled by a group in Roy. This particular recipe is from Susan Voorhees. We tried it and loved it, I then suggested it to my sister and they really liked it. My brother and his wife tried it too, and well, these burgers are Terrific! (sorry no picture, but try it anyway)

Terrific Teriyaki Burgers

1 1/2 C soft bread crumbs
1/2 C chopped Onion
1/4 C Water
2 Tbsp Sugar
1 Tbsp Soy Sauce
1 Clove garlic, minced (I used a few shakes of garlic powder)
Dash ground ginger
1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef (I used a pound for our family of 4)
6 hamburger buns
Sliced cucumbers (optional)
Lettuce leaves (optional)

Stir together the soft bread crumbs, onion, water, sugar, soy sauce, garlic, and ground ginger in a large mixing bowl. Add the ground beef and mix well. Shape the meat mixture into six 3/4 inch thick patties.


Grill uncovered, turning once, for 15-18 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the side of patty registers 160 degrees. (I eye balled it and cooked until no longer pink)


For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place patties on the grill rack; cover and grill as above. Makes: 6 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment