Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Pineapple Pork Skewers

There is kind of a funny story with this one. I found this recipe on Real Mom Kitchen blog and wanted to try it. Problem is, we don't have a grill. I called my neighbor and asked if I brought the food if we could use thier grill. We even grilled some corn. Everyone said they liked it. Thanks to my cute neighbor for the picture of her plate, I forgot my camera.

Pineapple Pork Skewers


One 20-ounce can of pineapple chunks in their juice, drained and juice reserved (I used fresh)

1 clove garlic, smashed

2 tablespoons soy sauce

2 tablespoons finely grated fresh ginger(I left this out)

2 tablespoons vegetable oil

Salt and pepper

1 1/4 pounds pork loin, cut into 1-inch cubes

In a resealable plastic bag, combine the pineapple juice (set aside the pineapple chunks), garlic, soy sauce, ginger and oil; season with salt and pepper. Add the pork and let marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes. Makes about 8-10 skewers.
Preheat an outdoor grill or grill pan to medium-high. Meanwhile, thread the marinated pork and the pineapple chunks onto skewers. (If your using those bamboo skewers make sure to soak them in water for 30 minutes before. This keeps them from catching on fire) Grill the kebabs, turning occasionally, until golden and cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes.


Stay tuned for another giveaway coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment