Thursday, January 23, 2014

You Rule! Valentine

I wanted to make these super simple because lets face it, the ruler will be ripped out and the rest thrown in the garbage.  Sad, but true.
For the above Valentine I used (1385) White Daisy cardstock as my base cut at 3 x 4 3/4.  I then cut the (1272) Cranberry Cardstock piece at 2 3/4 x 4 1/2.  I random stamped some hearts I had in different stamp sets using (Z2116) Cranberry Ink.  Using my cutting board and exacto knife I cut two slits about an inch in length.  I slipped in my ruler.  I bought a huge bag off of Amazon.  I'm sure any local party store would carry them too.  I then attached the Cranberry piece to the white piece.  I cut the heart using my exclusive Cricut cartridge (Z1790) Artiste.  The hearts are cut at 2 inches using the heart on page 66.  I then used Cranberry ink again and a alphabet stamp set to stamp "you rule!".  I attached the heart using some (Z1151) 3D foam tape.  

This one is even more simple.  The heart is the same as the other and I used (Z1751) Cranberry Bakers Twine to tie it to the ruler.  My little guy will write his name on the back for all his classmates.

All items can be purchase online at  www.ctmh.com/juliescott

No comments:

Post a Comment