Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Zucchini Bread

My sister-in-law shared this recipe with me. I've been meaning to make it all summer, but haven't for one reason or another. Yesterday I found a zucchini in my garden so I decided it was about time! I don't have two loaf pans (sad I know) so I opted to make muffins instead. I think they turned out great. I shared some with a few neighbors and the kiddos like them, so I"ll be repeating this one! I'm now stocking the garden waiting for the next zucchini to grow big enough!
Zucchini Bread
3 eggs
2 cups sugar (I used 1/2 splenda)
2 cups grated zucchini
1 cup oil (can use greek yogurt or applesauce)
3 tsp vanilla
1 cup nuts or chocolate chips (optional)
3 cups flour (I used half whole wheat flour)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
3 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp cloves
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp baking powder

Mix all together, bake in well-oiled bread pans at 350 degrees for 45 minutes (small) to one hour (large) depending on size of pan. Bake until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from pans and cool.


Makes 24 muffins. Cook at 350 for 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment