Friday, November 12, 2010

Chicken & Bacon Pasta

I found this recipe on the Taste and Tell blog I check out every once in awhile. I've made it a few times and I get two thumbs up from everyone who has tried it. It's kinda on the naughty side, but oh so yummy!

Chicken & Bacon Pasta

6 chicken breast halves
1 12-ounce bottle Lawry's Mesquite marinade (or any marinade you can find. I've used the dried packets before and it worked just fine
1 pound bacon, cooked and diced
3 cups heavy cream
1 1/2 tablespoons pepper (I do not put that much in. A few shakes of the pepper is good for me and my family)
3/4 cup butter
1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
3/4 cup grated Parmesan, plus more for the top
1 pound small cut pasta, cooked and drained (I use Penne)
a few handfuls of frozen peas

Put the chicken breasts and the marinade in a crockpot. Cook until chicken is done - about 3-4 hours on high or 5-6 hours on low. When cooked, cut the chicken into bite-sized chunks.

In a large pan, combine the cream, pepper, butter, garlic and Parmesan cheese. Whisk over medium heat until combined and thickened.

Combine the pasta, bacon, chicken and sauce. Toss in the frozen peas and stir to combine everything. Pour into a very large baking dish, top with more Parmesan, and cook in a 350F oven until the cheese is melted

No comments:

Post a Comment