Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Crepes


My Dad used to make these when I was little. I loved them! I still do! There are so many possibilities of what you can roll up into the crepe. Our favorite is sugar and lemon juice (sparingly). In the one pictured I put fresh strawberries and cool whip. I've also cooked up some chicken, diced it, added it to chicken gravy to make a more dinner like crepe.


Crepes
3 eggs
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cup flour
2 cups milk
1 tablespoon sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 tablespoons melted butter

Combine everything but butter in a blender. Blend on low for 1 minute. Add butter. Blend on low for another 15 seconds. Warm up a large skillet on the stove (I put mine on the 4, whatever that is, medium low?). When skillet is warm pour about 1/4 cup on it and pick up and swirl until the crepe batter is spread and in a circle type shape (does not have to be perfect). Cook until it's bubbling in the center and the edges start to brown, then carefully flip over. Cook on the second side a shorter amount of time, until it doesn't stick to the pan anymore. Repeat! I can make about 12 crepes or so with one batch of batter. Roll your favorite fixings in the middle and roll up. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment